Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rule Amendment Proposals

With the draft out of the way, we can now focus on the important issue of rule amendments. Before a rule becomes official, it must be discussed by the FGHL's general managers, then voted on. Should the general opinion be that the rule is good, it will be amended. Here are four proposals:

1. Same Year Rookie Expansion Draft Immunity

From Mr. Taylor Hall of the Canterbury Fighting Badgers:

Hello,

I'm not usually one to complain, because I'm just that awesome, but I think we need to talk about your draft rules. As you know, the Zaza Dancers finished with the worst record last season in the FGHL, with under 800 points. As such, they were awarded with the first overall pick in the FGHL Draft. They ended up trading that pick to the Kansas City Archangels.

Nonetheless, the issue that I'm trying to raise here is that I had a chance to play for the champion Archangels but because of the expansion draft, I'm now stuck with some badgerphile. Seriously, he's making us all skate in badger costumes - says it's something about intimidating those Russians. I don't get it. If Zaza was truly that bad, shouldn't they get the first shot at fresh rookies? I understand that Kansas had the pick, but that's not the point. The fact is, Zaza won that pick as a means to select someone amazing for his future.

What I'm proposing is that future expansion teams have access to all free agents, but not the rookies coming in for the same-year NHL draft. Those rookies would be made available only once the official, non-expansion FGHL draft begins. I mean, the expansion teams won't be at that much of a disadvantage; they all get to select ten players before any of the non-expansion teams do. If they really want the alleged 'promising rookies', shouldn't they have to put in the time and lose? Just my two cents.

PS. Tyler Seguin is my better in every way.

Quick Summary: All players drafted in the NHL will not be eligible to be drafted by expansion teams in the FGHL expansion draft of the same year.

2. Season Draft Pick Trading

From Mr. Julien Bergeron, General Manager of the Missanabie Bears:


Hey guys!

I'm a bit concerned over the current rules regarding draft pick trading. As it stands, draft picks cannot be traded during the regular season at all. Because of this, I feel that all of the trades I have made in the past have been one sided in my favor. If I could offer draft picks in addition to monthly free agent trades and players during my dealings, I feel as if I could even the deals up a bit, and make things fair for the other guy.

I'm not saying that we should be able to trade draft picks of ANY year. I'm just suggesting that we get access to our draft picks for the NEXT draft for trade. For example, we're going into the 2010-2011 FGHL Season. As such, if this new rule should be approved, we could trade 2011 FGHL draft picks. It also gives teams offering players for rent something more to ask for in return. It's a good idea!

Quick Summary: Draft Picks from the following draft may be traded during the season.

3. Keeper Credits

From Mr. Julien Bergeron, General Manager of the Missanabie Bears:

Hey guys, me again!

I really can't stress how unfair it is that I'm getting all these awesome deals, while you guys get nothing in return. That brings me to my next idea: Keeper Credits! Basically, we all know that at the end of each season, every team has to drop ten players into Free Agency for draft purposes. What I suggest is adding Keeper Credits. Every team starts with 10 Keeper Credits at the start of the season. For every credit they have at the end of the season, they may keep a player for the draft. So a player with 10 KC's would drop 10 players, where as a team with 9 KC's would drop 11. These can be traded freely throughout the season. In the end, the same amount of players get dropped. It just adds yet another bargaining chip for the trade table!

Quick Summary: Add Keeper Credits. Every team starts with ten, which they can trade. For every credit they have at the end of the season, they may keep a player on their roster going into the draft.

4. Trade Vetoing

From Mr. Alan McFadden, General Manager of the Zaza Dancers:

Hello,

As we all know, I have a tendency of falling into deep depressions when I'm losing. Though I haven't done anything incredibly stupid in the past, the possibility remains. It's a fact of life that people stop caring, and wish to stop playing. When this happens, they may write off their entire team, and sell players to opponents for next to nothing. I suggest that we institute a trade vetoing system, in which other general managers can challenge ridiculous trades. Of course, this system would have to be used sparingly. Just because a deal is one sided does not make it veto worthy. Some people are truly convinced they are receiving a better deal, when they are clearly being ripped off; this is fair, and a fact of life. I seek to stop the obvious trades, such as Alexander Ovechkin in exchange for a cheeseburger.

Both teams would present their arguments and thought processes behind the trade, followed by a voting process. All teams, aside from the ones involved in the trade, must agree that the trade is bogus in order for it to be vetoed. There's no gray area.

Quick Summary: Veto powers for bogus trades. Each team involved presents their reasoning as to why the trade should not be vetoed, followed by a vote. All teams not involved in the trade must agree to void the trade for a successful veto.

That's it boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment